steam boiler smoke
Client: Socopic – Ajinomoto – operated by Dalkia
Project: Recovery and use of waste heat in the animal feed industry
Sector: Agri-food industry
Location: Hauts de France – Amiens (80)
Beginning of the project: 2016
Objective of the project:
- To reheat the water feeding the boiler using the waste heat discharged into the chimney, for thermal needs between 300 and 750 kW, depending on the site’s steam needs.
- To reduce the chemical consumption at the site and specifically to neutralise boiler purges.
of power consumed
- Water temperature increased from 33°C to 40.4°C
- Purges neutralised by the acidity produced by CO2 capture, replacing an additional acid
- COP installation: 20.5
- 760 T of CO2 avoided per year
- Return on investment: 3.6 years
“ This is the first industrial TerraoSave installation of this size. The performance meets our expectations, the results are highly satisfactory.
It is a significant success.”
Director of Technical Matters and Key Projects at Dalkia Nord Ouest
Learn about TerroSave’s biomass applications as well
Preventing atmospheric pollution caused by industrial waste:
Heat recovery from
For more information about your project, please contact us